Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

photo card

Although not officially made yesterday, I plan to attach a photo of a recent project.  I have this thing about homemade Christmas cards.  Over the years I've done a number of strange things.  This year, it was pretty simple. . .mainly since my oldest daughter was away at college and I couldn't get the two of them together long enough to shoot some new, special pictures.  The one I used was from the end of the summer. 

I just used Microsoft Publisher and opened a picture that I liked.   I used their basic functions to edit wrap points, thus "cutting out" the part of the picture I wanted to use.  From there, I made the background dark green and added a text box.  I saved the photo as a jpeg and shipped it off to be printed--$.09 each!  I  then added the photos to blank cards--inexpensive w/coupon from Jo-Ann Fabrics--and added a message inside.  Ta-da: Christmas card 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment