Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

packaging the brandy and cakes

Last night was for packaging the cakes and brandy which we earlier made.  At some point, I'll put up all the directions for making the brandy.  I did find that straining it was much more difficult than I had expected it to have been. 

My main goal was to get it "gift ready". 

Using a funnel, I poured the brandy into the containers that I had earlier gathered.  After they were filled, I corked them and adhered the labels.  Each was tied with a pretty ribbon.  Next a couple of cordial glasses which I had had my friends gathering for me, were tied together.  Some other pictures are present with the post titled blackberry brandy.

This shows a finished bottle, glasses, and an nearly finished cake.

I took a small piece of almond paste and rolled it to be very thin.  I placed one of the little cakes on a pretty plate which I grabbed from a thrift store.   I placed the almond paste on top of the cake.  On top of that, I iced the little cakes with cream cheese icing.  A lot of people do this with fondant, but I think it tastes bad; I love creem cheese, though.

I let them set up overnight and in the morning placed ribbon on them to decorate.  I then wrapped them with celophane and they were ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment