Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

apple discovery and silhouettes

So, yesterday I made the apple stuff for the family.  It was all made the traditional way and I'm sure it was quite good--I didn't have any.  I'm rather sick of eating. . .I know that sounds ridiculous.  For nearly two weeks, I feel like all I've done is eat! 

I decided to try and make some baked apples that were healthier than the yummy version.  After all, I do have to go back to work tomorrow (ugh) and I've got to start watching what I eat more carefully or I'll gain back the 25 pounds I managed to lose.  I figured I could take a baked apple for lunch each day. 

I cored apples just like for regular baked apples.  Next--sorry, I didn't measure--I mixed some whole wheat flour, rolled oats, honey, agave nectar, cinnamon and a little molasses.  I stuffed it down into the apple holes and just sprinkled what was left around the pan.  I poured a little water in the pan and baked it a while.  Maybe 25 minutes or so. . .didn't keep track.

They're pretty darn good!

I also started to play with a silhouette of Mindy this morning before church.  Think I'll go play with it more now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment